Monday, August 11, 2008

Parenting Issues

My new saving grace!Makyla gets to hold Merayya, Mason gets to hold the elephant....Yeah!! Everyone is happy, well almost.
Merayya is starting to be able to play with Mason and Makyla. It is pretty cool to watch!
All Clean!!!Mason with his new crayons!
My goodness! I have really been butting heads with Makyla lately. I have been using the "Love and Logic" approach, and have been sending her to her room for alone time, but the alone time seems to turn into a screaming for an hour time. I have always said that she is my biggest challenge, and nothing has ever changed. I had Mark replace the door knob to one with a lock on the outside (as the Love and Logic book recommends). Please pray for me that I will do what is right for our family, and that we can make it over the hump! Everyone always says that when you try something new it works for a little while, but then when the newness wears off it gets hard again, but you just got to stick it out. I am sticking it out.....when will it ever be better?

1 comment:

Kathy Slattengren said...

Our kids did learn from timeouts although we never did the lock on the door. The key for us was always being empathetic with our kids for their poor choices (not easy ... but with a few years of practice I got it down!).