Sunday, November 16, 2008

Makyla's 5th Birthday!

Right before the party. She was checking the door constantly to see if anyone was here yet! Opening presents
Opening presents with cousin Kayti's help!
Everyone is singing "Happy Birthday"
Yay! Blowing out the candles.
Last Wednesday, November 12th was Makyla's 5th birthday. We had a birthday party for her yesterday, the 15th of November. I cannot believe how fast time has flown. It literally seems like yesterday when I was waking up in the middle of the night thinking, you don't need to eat again, you just ate! The birthday party was at our house, and many family and friends came. I made the cake again, as I did for Mason's too. It was fun! As you can see, it is quite the cake for a birthday party, however, turning 5 is a huge deal! This is my 4th cake that I have made.

Makyla,
I remember the day that I found out that I was pregnant with you like it was today. I was scared, but I knew that we could do it. I believed that you would be a healthy baby, and every step that you would take I would be amazed. I still am amazed at how fast you have grown. We definitely have our challenges, but overall you are such a joy in my life. You have embraced being a big sister so well. Merayya is your baby, or so you call her! You love playing mama with her. I love your smile and how you are such a humble little girl. Not many things faze you. You are so smart. You just amaze us. Daddy said the other day that you did division! You said I have 6 pieces, so Mason gets 2, I get 2, and Daddy gets 2. I was shocked to hear it, but I know you and know what you are capable of. I am so excited to see how you grow in the years to come. I love you more than words can express.
~Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

Mama G said...

Happy Birthday Makyla! I wish we could have been there for your party! I can't believe you are five!!!

The Parrys said...

How fun!! She is such a beautiful little girl!