Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Santa, Oh Santa!

To start off with....TODAY WAS MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! I can't tell you how good it feels! I am officially a teacher. I will be subbing (here and there) around in Enumclaw...so you just might see me at one of your child's schools!
Also a funny story from a few days ago. I came home from school Monday, and Makyla asked if she had enough money for a Nintendo DS. She brought out her piggy bank and we counted it all up. There was $47 in it. She said "is that enough for a DS?" I said "no, not yet." She went into her room and got a little more change. She came out and said "now, do I have enough?" I said "no, not yet, you will need a lot more!" She went in one more time and got some more change. She came out with that and asked again "is this enough now?" I said "maybe you will have to ask people to give you money to save for the DS for Christmas instead of gifts. She said "okay" and dropped it for the day. The next day I come home from school and she says "Mommy, I am going to give all of that money in my piggy bank to church. I said "you are?" "What about the DS?" She said "Oh, thats okay, I am going to ask Santa for it." I said "well what if Santa doesn't have enough money for it?" She said "he will just take it from the store!" Honestly...where do they get these ideas from? Hmm....and about the DS...I don't think she would even know what to do with it...however, Mark would enjoy it so maybe we will get her one, who knows!

No comments: