Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Big Boy Mason

One last fix! All ready to go....or not!
He sucked on each one before taking them outside
Dad and Mason getting ready
Almost there!
Hmm....what just happened, am I okay?
After some encouragement from mom and dad he could muster up a smile!In the air!
It has gone without mention, but not without notice. Mason let all of his binkies fly into the sky on five balloons in late November. He was really set on getting a Nerf gun, and so when I told him that he had to be a big boy and give up his binkies to have one, he was sold. I told him that we would do it the next day, and he was ready. I kept asking him if maybe he would want to wait and he kept telling me "MO!" (Which is how he says no). He was sure he was going to go through with it that day, and so we did. He was unsure at first and for the first three nights he couldn't go to sleep and kept asking for his "E" which is what he called binky. But we got through it and he has been a happy big boy since! (NO MORE SEARCHING FOR BINKIES!!!! YAY!!!) I used to have to make sure when we left the house that we had an extra and watch him at stores to make sure he always had it, so it has been a nice break for me! Luckily Merayya hasn't ever been attached to one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of getting rid of them like that but I LOVE it. I almost wish Kaleb got attached to them just to do that. I'll have to remember next time around. See you Saturday.