Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time Stands Still

Day to day life is so busy, and I often get caught up in the oasis of dirty laundry and dirty dishes. Sometimes, God gives us moments that make our lives just stand still for a while. I really felt like that today. Let me tell you why....

Makyla has wanted this Strawberry Shortcake Nintendo DS game. She bought it with her own money online, and it came today. I spent the better half of the day teaching her how to play the game and narrating the game to her. My house needs some scrubbing....but for some reason God just gave me the peace to sit still with my daughter and feel like time has literally stopped.

Then, I tucked Mason in for bed tonight and started folding clothes. When I went to put his clothes away in his drawer I sat on the floor under his bed and started to put the clothes away. I looked up to his bed, and his little face was peering down at me through the slats in his bed. With his face still in the same position...a few minutes later...he was out cold! I just looked at him and melted.

I am just so happy to see my kids and get to enjoy them growing. Another cool thing...we are still getting snow. Today there were parts of the day where it was dumping. Luckily it was only sticking to the grass.

No comments: