Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oops! Mommy messed up

Last Wednesday was a sad day for Makyla. She was so excited about getting to go to preschool. Only...Mommy made a mistake and preschool doesn't start until next Monday. Poor Makyla was so upset. Mark took her to get a doughnut and save the day. My goodness, I felt bad!

On Friday, I had a seminar in Tacoma from 3-5 pm. I was suppose to carpool with another gal, but she couldn't, so I ended up running home to nurse Merayya really quick. I came home and was nursing the baby. Makyla was hanging out and Mason was down for a nap (or so I thought!). I went to leave to head to Tacoma for this seminar. When I did, Julie was going to get my carseats out of my car so we were both headed outside when a woman asked us if we were missing a little boy. I thought to myself "no, Mason is sleeping." Then she said that he was all the way down the street and that an older lady who was a neighbor was helping him look for his parents. Julie started walking down the street and I looked over and noticed his bike was gone. I jumped in my car and headed to find Mason. After a few minutes of going down streets around our house and not seeing Mason, I decided that I couldn't do this alone. I called 911. That is when (thank you Jesus) Mason was found. He was with a neighbor lady who lives just three houses away. She walks past my house everyday and talks to the kids and I. I am guessing that her memory is shot and that she forgot where we lived, since she was walking him up a side street several blocks from where she found him. We were so lucky that he was found safe and still wearing no shirt just as his daddy had dressed him for the day. LOL . What a scary experience. And the seminar...I arrived at 4:45. Just in time to get all the handouts. The cop said that they had the fire department on their way to help out. We live in a great town. I mean...I saw a cop heading down our street when I was still on the line giving the 911 dispatcher information. Makyla's grandma (Brady's mom) had heard about it on the police scanner and came over scared half to death. I wouldn't change where we live for the world. We are lucky to have such an awesome support system. I guess that the dispatcher said "I will have more information as soon as I calm down the mother!" I was going CRAZY!!

1 comment:

Mama G said...

Oh my goodness! How scary, but a story you can tell him when he's older. I know it probably scared you have to death...Enumclaw is wonderful, so glad you have so many wonderful people helping you out. I love that he had no shirt on..Wade's will dress Charlie when i'm gone and he seems to always forget that the kids needs pants...oh dads!