Monday, September 22, 2008

Reindeer


You are probably wondering....reindeer, now?!? Well, this is a cute story from my school. We were walking outside at the school to go somewhere and a little girl from our class said to me "reindeer!" I looked over to the trees to see if maybe there were some deer in the field or something. I couldn't see anything, so I told her "no, there are no reindeer." That is when I noticed that it was nice and clear and what she was calling reindeer, was actually Mt. Rainier. Now every time I see the mountain I think of her. Mark and I got the privilege to go on a hike last Thursday before the cold weather set in. We went up and it was beautiful. I was a little scared that we wouldn't make it back to our car before dark, so I was booking it down the trail. I was right...we ended up walking the last half in the dark. I was pretty scared, but I kept watching Mark's white socks in the dark. I was glad to get back to our car and even happier to get back to see our kids.

No comments: