Monday, April 13, 2009

Mark's Accident

Ouch!!
The night before Easter I was preparing to make a cake and I realized that I didn't have all of the ingredients. P.S. I had just made a trip to Wal-Mart and somehow they didn't get into my bag! GRRR! So, on Mark's way home I was going to have him swing by and pick them up.

Instead, I got a call from Mark saying that he was cut on the face while at work and that he was on his way to the emergency room. Mark ended up getting 20 stitches and they had to cotarize an artury and now he will have a 2 inch scar on his cheek. Basically, one of the patients at his work broke the glass in his room and managed to escape outside. When Mark and another guy saw him outside they went outside to talk to him. When Mark was approaching this kid he didn't realize that the kid had a weapon (a 4" piece of glass) and the kid just slashed Mark across the face. Mark is so lucky to still be alive and that it didn't hit his eye or neck. Mark got off work that night at 11:00, and didn't make it home until 9:00 the next morning. What a night! Mark really wants a T-shirt that says "Scarface" on it, so if anyone knows where I could get one of those at...let me know! :O)

1 comment:

Mama G said...

Poor guy..what a scary story! I'm so glad he's okay. Now he'll have a cool scar and a great story though to tell the kids when they get older!